Simplified IoT connectivity packages, an expanded portfolio of modules, new robotics-based offerings and a lot more I’ve had the pleasure of covering this year (here is a great place to catch up) – global Internet of Things solutions provider Quectel has had a ton on its plate. Its lineup of products and services continues to span from EVB kits and antennas, to the aforementioned models with a variety of use cases in automotive, satellite technology, Wi-Fi, LPWA and much more. And as IoT grows, the possibilities seem limitless when it comes to connectivity and innovation, one module at a time.
Today, we’ve got another Quectel announcement:
This morning, Quectel debuted its new SG520B series of 5G Sub-6GHz, Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth smart modules.
Developed to meet growing smart module-centric industry needs (e.g. involving connectivity support, edge computing capabilities, graphics processing, operation of peripherals, etc.), the SG520B’s build and operating system are based on the Qualcomm QCM4490 64-bit octa-core processor and enable plenty of new, comprehensive options for industrial and consumer applications alike.
Here’s a long-story-short breakdown with more technical specs:
- Multi-mode 5G smart module with built in Android OS (based on aforementioned Qualcomm technology)
- Available in four variants: SG520B-CN, SG520B-EM, SG520B-NA, and SG520B-WF
- Provides worldwide 5G/4G/3G/2G coverage
- Supports Wi-Fi 6E & DBS, IEEE 802.11ax, 2 × 2 MU-MIMO
- Also supports 5G/LTE MIMO technology, which meets demands for data rate and link reliability in wireless communication systems
- Multi-constellation GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment, supporting L1 + L5 dual-band
- Supports 1080P H.265/ H.264 video encoding and decoding
Per Norbert Muhrer, Quectel Wireless Solutions President and CSO:
“The Quectel SG520B Series of 5G Sub-6GHz smart modules are powerful, versatile modules that are ideal for enabling rich device functionality alongside unparalleled connection performance across multiple cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options. We see huge potential for the SG520B Series to support use cases in the industrial, enterprise and consumer markets that demand rich media functionality backed by high performance processing and connectivity.”
Read here for additional Quectel information.
Edited by Greg Tavarez